Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

I find myself anticipating every holiday, outing, and vacation because the twins are at such fun ages. They understand things more everyday and can actually get involved! Troy sometimes has to keep me grounded and remind me that they are still only 2 years old, and I as the mom may be more excited about things then they are, so not to get too dissapointed if they don't react the way I want them to. I still love to watch the look on their faces when doing and trying new things for the first time!

We had about 3 mock easter egg hunts before the actual day. I knew that our little, competitive Rylan would need some practice runs so we wouldn't come game day and have him smack some helpless child over the head with the easter basket because they touched his egg. They both did very well and had a blast gathering eggs. There were only a couple melt downs, and although Rylan did get a bit competitive, he did not smack anyone. We also dyed some eggs for them and they were able to put on stickers. Only 3 eggs ended up cracked during the sticker applications, which I thought was pretty good! We ended the Easter festivities with a wonderful church service, which reminds us of the true and only reason for this season!!

Nana "Rocky" got to come visit us for a few days, and was able to enjoy being with the kiddos. We had a a couple days of wonderful sunshine and spent each second that we could outside! We had a lot of fun with Nana and can't wait to see everyone again in the summer!










No comments: